So here’s the thing- Quantum leaps are massively misunderstood.
Most people think that a quantum leap is an INSTANT leap from one place to another or an INSTANT transition from one form or state of being to another.
However, a study done at Yale University recently showed that quantum leaps are NOT instantaneous.
Using a high-speed monitoring system, they found that the “leap” was actually a gradual process.
To be clear, that’s not to say that quantum leaps aren’t possible, merely that they aren’t instantaneous.
Last week at our Members Only Live Quarterly Meeting in Nashville, several law firm owners shared that they had experienced more than 75% growth in less than a year. Others had just made more in a single month than they had the entire previous year. Now just by sheer volume, that looks like a quantum leap, but they would all tell you that there was nothing instantaneous about it.
They got there because they committed to cultivating a growth mindset. They committed to making profitable decisions and implementing the systems we suggested. In doing so, the right conditions were set for what became rapid, consistent growth.
So what does any of this mean for your law firm and why should you care?
Well, for starters, you should care because you have goals, because you want to grow your revenue and because HOW you do so will determine if your journey feels like a leap or a slow trudge up a steep and dangerous hill.
You see, your GOAL shouldn’t really be to make a quantum leap. The leap is the result of a gradual process. A series of decisions that support the desired outcome.
What you need to do now to experience what feels like a quantum leap over the next year is to optimize the conditions that produce that result you want.
Let us explain.
Let’s say you want to grow a garden, but your backyard is concrete. No matter how badly you want it, no matter how meticulously you plan for it, no matter how many hours you put into designing it, you are NEVER going to grow that garden in concrete.
The conditions do not support the desired outcome.
It’s no different in your law firm. If you want to double your revenue, but the conditions don’t exist to support that kind of leap, it’s not going to happen.
What it takes to make an additional $100k or $200k or more is a series of decisions over time that create the environment that your new level of revenue REQUIRES.
Here are some things you can do THIS QUARTER to set the stage for your own quantum leap.
- Decide how much money you want to make
- Get help determining exactly how many hours you need to work and how many new clients you need to take on to make that number happen.
- Take an honest look at what’s not working well right now
- Learn how to systemize your lead generation so that new prospects are coming in WITHOUT you having to chase them down or hunt for them. (We teach this in the 7-Figure Foundation Bootcamp coming up in September.)
- Decide what KEY staff members you need to hire to increase productivity
- Decide if any team members need to be let go
- Put policies and procedures in writing that limit the amount of time you spend troubleshooting or explaining things to staff and clients.
- Systemize your intake process
- Stay hyper vigilant about looking at your numbers so that you can eliminate what’s COSTING you too much money and do MORE of what’s MAKING you money
- Cultivate the mindset of someone who frequently experiences rapid growth. Remember the fastest way to get there is to BE there. But before you can get there on paper, you’ve got to BE there in your head.
Quantum law firm leaps are a product of profitable decisions made over time that result in a seemingly rapid transition from one stage of revenue to the next.
We can help you plan out your own Quantum Leap. Schedule your free consultation at https://howtomanageasmalllawfirm.com/by-referral-only/
[av_sidebar widget_area=’Blog CTA Footer’ av_uid=’av-qlknv5′]