Firm Policy #1: No Assholes
Yes, you read that right… we have a “Grading Scale” we use to define an “A” client/ member. These are the sort of people we love to work with. The sort of people who inspire me and my team to go above & beyond on a regular basis.
We also have our idea of what’s an “F” client/member. These are the sort of people that the “A” clients/members don’t want to be around and neither do we!
There are two approaches to creating your own “Grading Scale”. One is to buildup from F to A.
The other is to define what’s an “A” and then as you remove certain positive qualities, characteristics and behaviors you likewise “demote” a person until their conduct lands them on suspension and then eventually out of business with you. We enforce this policy to protect you and me both!
So here’s what it means to be an “A” client/Member in my business (in no particular order):
- We like working with the Member
- The Member likes working with us.
- The Member is highly-motivated to have a successful law firm & all the benefits that flow from it.
- The Member has tangible and objectively quantifiable goals that excite him/her.
- The Member respects my staff and appreciates them for the very challenging work that they do servicing and keeping hundreds of lawyers happy from all around the world.
- The Member responds to the mistakes that we make in our business with the same grace and maturity the Member would expect his/her own clients to demonstrate when the Member’s own law firm makes a mistake.
- The Member believes that the best investment s/he can make is an investment in him/herself.
- The Member cooperates and supports our policies.
- The Member is collaborative and intellectually generous with the Group.
- Good sense of humor and not easily offended by liberal use of the “F” word especially when it’s so richly called for in an explanation!
- The Member thinks it’s cool that my dog often works from my office with me and that I often work from remote and sometimes exotic places, so there may be the occasional odd sound in the background.
- The Member does the work required to translate the lessons, tools, insights, ideas, templates and instructions we provide into tangible results.
- The Member is honest with us and him/herself.
- The Member remains current on their financial obligations to us and otherwise follows the rules we have established and which are designed to help all of our Members get the best results possible.
- The Member looks for lessons not problems. There’s always a lesson. Sometimes we make it obvious. Sometimes you get to find it for yourself.
- Positive, prosperity-based outlook on life – no whiners or crybabies allowed!
- The Member is fair, reasonable and rational treating others in a way that is consistent with the way he or she would like to be treated which includes making hiring and retention decisions based on merit, not based on race, creed, color, gender, age, physical condition, national origin, religion or sexual orientation.
Have you changed something in your current personal,
professional, or financial situation?
Then, you will benefit from a needs assessment and
qualification interview with a member of our team.